- Toronto, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Tax Law, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Deloitte Legal Canada LLP is a national law firm with offices in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver. We are seeking a tax associate to join our growing tax advisory practice at our office in downtown Toronto. You will work with our national team of tax lawyers on a broad range of tax transactional and advisory matters and may also be called upon to support our dynamic tax litigation team. Our affiliation with Deloitte’s global network of tax professionals offers a broad platform for providing comprehensive and innovative tax advice to domestic and multi-national clients, and uniquely positions our lawyers to work on a wide variety of complex and interesting issues and transactions.
We are looking for a candidate with 3 to 5 years of tax experience acquired with a leading Canadian law firm, particularly in the areas of corporate tax planning, tax advisory, M&A and international tax. The successful candidate will have:
- excellent academic credentials;
- strong research, technical and analytical skills;
- excellent drafting skills;
- strong organizational skills and rigorous attention to detail; and
- intellectual curiosity, creativity and a passion for learning.
We offer competitive compensation and opportunities to learn and develop your skills through internal and external professional development activities and courses.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead.