At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior lease documentation specialist in our Calgary Corporate Office. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, Business & Real Estate, the successful candidate will be accountable for various duties in the Legal department, including:
• Negotiating, reviewing and drafting commercial real estate agreements, including wireless rooftop and tower leases, telecommunications licenses, temporary occupancy agreements, amending agreements and access agreements
• Interpreting, approving and providing comments on legal documentation
• Performing land titles searches
• Liaising with real estate, site acquisition, sales, operations, and other internal teams
• Various other duties as required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience drafting and finalizing commercial leases (retail, office and industrial) and related ancillary documentation such as extension agreements, subleases, assignments, and surrender agreements
• Strong negotiation and communication skills, both oral and written
• Good working knowledge of Alberta and B.C. Land Titles. Familiarity with Ontario Land Titles would be an asset.
• General computer proficiency, including Word and Excel
• Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Ability to learn and work independently, with minimum supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• A team player with a positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
• Preference will be given to those with wireless industry experience. Applicants with more the experience may be considered at a more senior level position
• CALGARY – This role will be based in our Calgary Corporate Office (Shaw Court)
• This posting will close on September 6, 2019
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.