Our client is a law firm located in downtown Ottawa. They are looking for an experienced, fluently bilingual law clerk to support lawyers in their litigation group on a full-time, permanent basis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate in client meetings
- Conduct file review and analysis
- Draft routine correspondence, memoranda and reports
- Assist in the preparation of originating applications, pleadings, motion records, etc.
- Collaborate with counsel on preparation for examinations for discovery, hearings and cross-examinations on affidavits
- Prepare for and attend at examinations, hearings and/or trial
- Review and summarize transcripts
- Summarize briefs, discovery evidence, affidavits, pre-trial and mediation memoranda
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Law Clerk diploma
- 5+ years of experience functioning as a Law Clerk in litigation or labour/employment law
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure
- Strong knowledge of the Federal Court Rules would be an asset
- Familiarity with litigation technology tools such as Relativity and Summation would be an asset
- Bilingualism - English and French is required
About the Job
Salary will depend on experience.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. You can also apply by submitting your résumé directly to email@example.com. If you are already registered with us, please contact your Senior Recruiter. Please quote job 11192.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.