Your Next Opportunity
Would you like to be a part of Canada’s leading progressive Business Law firm?
McMillan has an opportunity for a full-time Financial Services Paralegal in our Vancouver office. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Financial Services Paralegal with experience at the intermediate/senior level who is looking for a new and exciting challenge at a national law firm.
What You’ll Do
You will be working closely with our lawyers, paralegals and legal administrative assistants across Canada in all practice areas, but primarily in Financial Services and Commercial Real Estate to deliver quality legal services to our clients and will be involved in a wide variety of legal tasks including:
- Independently conducting online legal searches and other research in relation to due diligence on financing and other commercial transactions and preparing comprehensive due diligence summaries in respect of same
- Drafting, reviewing and providing input on loan, security and other relevant financing documentation, drafting financing statements and other relevant Land Title, Personal Property and other public registrations
- Providing input on practice checklists, forms and precedents
- Keeping abreast of new developments and participating in practice group meetings and initiatives
- Maintaining the integrity of all record keeping, indexing and database systems
- Maintaining and enhancing legal technical knowledge by attending professional development seminars and workshops
- We welcome your ideas!
What You Bring
You have established yourself as a key resource in your successful legal career. Your history includes a minimum of sevenyears of Paralegal experience at the intermediate level or higher. Knowledge of legal and technical procedures, statutes, regulations and applicable governmental practices is mandatory. You have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, are detail-oriented, able to effectively meet deadlines, work well in a team setting and provide an exceptional level of client service. You embrace evolving technology and have strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Prior experience with Desksite, IntApp Time or similar document management and timekeeping software is required.
McMillan Offers You
Mentorship and Support
Training as Software Evolves
Commensurate Compensation and Benefits Package
Fun and Collegial Work Environment
McMillan = You
Inclusion and diversity are essential elements of our culture at McMillan, which coincides with our core values of respect, teamwork, commitment, client service and professional excellence. We are extremely proud to be one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People three years in a row.
At McMillan, we know we will achieve the most success by attracting and retaining the best talent, and by representing and supporting the communities from which we draw our members, the communities in which we live and work and the communities to which we provide legal services.
We are a law firm that prides itself in sustained quality and excellence in service while fostering a positive and collegial work environment, which nurtures mentoring, and inspires enthusiasm and professional excellence. We commit to putting our best efforts forward in achieving our goals, and the goals of our clients and to working with you to help you achieve your professional and career development goals.