With our continued growth in Canada, we are seeking a Law Clerk/Underwriter on a part time contract basis.
- Reviewing and interpreting title opinions, off title searches and/or supporting documentation while applying underwriting principles and guidelines in order to underwrite and process requests for Residential Title Insurance;
- Provide information to clients with regards to title insurance, coverage and underwriting guidelines;
- Maintain new and existing client relations, while providing quality customer service, including interacting with clients, answering clients inquiries, and effectively handling client concerns;
- Other duties as required or
- Law Clerk designation from a community college;
- Minimum 5 years residential real estate experience in a law firm and/or title insurance environment;
- Through knowledge and understanding of residential real estate practices, from start to finish, while understanding title issues and their resolution.
- Solid understanding and interpretation of current legal terminology.
- Highly professional with a customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail while managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible, team player that works well under pressure with minimal supervision, in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teraview, Conveyancer, econveyance;
- Willing to work overtime when required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, any shift between 8 am to 8 pm.
- Full-time or part-time hours available.
- French is an asset.
As an employee of Chicago Title, you will have the satisfaction of working in a progressive and diverse organization.
Together, we are a cohesive unit working towards one common purpose. We encourage a positive team-based atmosphere where every employee knows their efforts are making a difference. With a transparent business approach, every employee is aware of the direction of the company and accepts accountability for their actions. Legal Counsel, Underwriting Providing our employees with a nurturing environment and opportunities to grow and excel is one of our top priorities. We pride ourselves on fostering a fair and respectful environment that encourages employees to pursue their career goals. Our employees are passionate about providing the products, solutions and expertise our clients need for their success – and ours. Promotion and hiring from within are important trademarks of the Chicago Title way!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Plan (Health and Dental)
- RRSP Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Vacation and Personal Care days
- Recognition for years of service
- Annual Corporate Awards recognition
Interested candidates should forward their resume via e-mail using the Apply button.