Minken Employment Lawyers is a specialty employment law boutique that has been providing expert legal services on a full range of workplace issues to a broad range of employees, employers, law firms, corporate counsel and human resource departments for over 30 years. Our firm uses a strong teamwork approach and considers every member of the staff to be an integral part of our operations. We strive for exceptional and forthright client service, and are committed to ongoing professional development. Located in one of the most beautiful areas of Canada in a heritage building Circa 1835, we hold in high regard our history, culture and good work-life balance.
We have an opening for a Employment Law Clerk/Legal Assistant. Although ideal candidate would have had 2-5 years of work experience in litigation/employment law, new graduates will be considered. There is some flexibility in the starting date.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a successful graduate of a college Law Clerk program with high GPA and a member of ILCO or working towards receiving a Certificate;
• Have an excellent level of knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure;
• Have professional (legal) office experience in client/customer service, professional demeanor and poise;
• Enjoy work in fast-paced professional environment with a lot of interaction with people;
• Have a team player attitude with superior communication and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrate creativity, initiative, willingness and positive attitude;
• Be able to work well under pressure, efficiently handling multiple tasks and strong ability to prioritize;
• Be able to take direction and initiative, as well as work independently following instructions with minimal supervision;
• Possess superior attention to detail, organizational, analytical and communication skills;
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications with demonstrated expertise in Word, Outlook and Excel (Power Point knowledge is an asset);
• Have strong working knowledge of PClaw;
• Be willing and positive towards continuing education, advancing skills and adapting to new responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Client care;
• Legal and administrative assistance to lawyers, clerks, office manager and consultants;
• Maintaining files in top order from beginning to end in accordance with LSUC requirements and office internal procedures (opening, closing and updating);
• Research and preparation of litigation documentation (Motion Records, Briefs, Affidavits of Documents etc.);
• Booking and coordinating of meetings, Court attendances, Mediations etc.; \
• Effective management of deadlines, schedules and priorities;
• Research and downloading cases in preparation for internal meetings or upon request using various legal research sources such as QuickLaw;
• Docketing and accounting data input, billings, account receivables and payment processing tasks in accordance with LSO regulations and office policy and procedures;
• Coordinating facilities maintenance and administration; marketing and PR functions as required; \
• additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please apply in confidence toNatasha Krestinina , Office Manager using the Apply button. Kindly provide a current resume, copies of educational transcripts (ILCO or College), and references. Only potential applicants selected for an interview in person or by telephone will be contacted.