Reporting to the EVP, Legal and Counsel to the CEO, the Paralegal is responsible for providing support to the legal services function and will primarily be involved in negotiating, drafting and managing simple and complex supplier, procurement and customer contracts/agreements, maintaining corporate minute books and drafting resolutions and ensure all filings are up to date. The role will also be involved in providing advice and assistance for all facets/departments of the business such as QA, Finance, Sales, and Marketing etc. This role will also include administration and general research.
- Negotiate, draft, manage corporate/commercial, consulting, confidentiality agreements and such other agreements as may be required from time to time under supervision;
- Manage and maintain all legal related documents. Maintain and ensure contracts database is up to date;
- Create corporate status sheet and other information summaries;
- Prepare corporate filings to authorities;
- Obtain signatures on resolution and documents;
- Conduct research and provide support on a variety of legal matters;
- Assist with corporate communications matter on an as needed basis;
- Answer requests from departments for information or documentation and respond in a timely manner;
- Coordinate year-end activities (accruals, legal confirmation letters);
- Provide administrative support to Vice President, Legal and Executive Vice President, Legal and Counsel to the CEO including support for the Office of the CEO;
- May be required and responsible from time to time to attend monthly CI meetings and other meetings as directed by the Executive Vice President, Legal and Counsel to the CEO and recording minutes of such meetings;
- Compose general correspondence and maintain department files and closing books;
- Ensure all legal invoices are tracked;
- Prepare and submit expense reports;
- Provide “as needed” support on long term project based files;
- Other duties as required.
- 5-7 years of senior level experience in Corporate / Commercial Law;
- Paralegal Certified or College Degree in relevant field;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint;
- Understanding of Corporate Law.