Lawyer, Tax Planning (5 to 10 Years)
- BCF Business Law
- Montreal, QC
- Lawyer - Private Practice
- Area of Practice
- Tax Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
BCF is currently seeking a tax planning lawyer to complement its Taxation team. Overseen by the Head of the Taxation Sector, the individual will participate, with the Taxation team, in the planning and implementation of innovative tax-related projects.
The candidate we are looking for has a certain level of experience and the necessary expertise to carry out tax files, especially with tax planning advisory service matters. The candidate may be a lawyer, a notary or an accountant, and may have worked in a law firm, a notary's office, an accounting office or in a company.
- Analysis and implementation of various tax planning;
- Assist the merger/acquisition team with the transactions’ fiscal considerations;
- Development and implementation of complex corporate structures;
- Drafting of memos and tax opinions;
- Files follow-up with the Taxation team;
- Maintain knowledge up to date and participate in any training required;
- Help other team members.
- Tax Master’s degree or equivalent, an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in performing similar functions, ideally in a professional environment;
- Bilingualism, both oral and in writing (French/English);
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to quickly learn and master complex technical and legal information;
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines;
- Able to perform multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure;
- Committed to provide excellent customer services;
- Autonomy and organization skills ensuring efficient execution;
- Ability to work in a team in a collaborative spirit.
Are you interested in the challenge? Take advantage of this exceptional career opportunity!
All applications will be treated confidentially. Only candidates with the required profile will be called for interview.