- Farm Business Consultants (FBC)
- London, ON
- Legal Assistant, Paralegal
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Temporary, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- College diploma
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
FBC is currently seeking a Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join our team of professionals who provide tax, accounting and Business Services to Farm and Small Businesses across Canada.
This position requires someone with strong administrative, organizational and communication skills. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years legal experience in the area of Corporate Law and be willing to accept new challenges as you will be delivering a new service offering to FBC Members.
Please Note: This is a temporary position filling in for a maternity leave. However, at the end of the leave, opportunities may be available to grow and fill other positions.
- Corporate and annual maintenance, compliance and related filings with Corporate Registries across Canada
- Maintaining corporate minute books, including processing Annual Returns, Updating Records, Address Changes, Changes of Directors and drafting various directors and shareholder resolutions for routine matters
- Filing various provincial documents and maintaining corporate electronic records on behalf of FBC Members
- Preparing all documents required in all respect for Incorporations
- Execute name searches, file incorporation documents and assist with corporate reorganization, share/asset purchase and sale transactions and reorganizations
- Preparing, drafting and revising correspondence, agreements and other documents for securities compliance and transactional work
- Carrying out due diligence searches
- Undertake additional responsibilities as required
Education and Experience
- Diploma in paralegal studies or equivalent, combined with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in corporate law
- Must have minimum Basic Certification and CORES Level II
- Experience with government registry systems including SPIN2, APPRES, SEDAR would be considered an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Superior attention to detail and proof-reading skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to draft and format legal documents
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Superior time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and follow policies and procedures
- We offer a competitive salary with a generous benefits package
- Career advancement opportunities - FBC has a promote from within focus
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability coverage and a Health Spending Account
- A charitable donation matching program for all staff
At FBC, we pride ourselves on working hard and producing excellent work while maintaining a respectful and professional work environment. We are sure that FBC is a place you will be proud to work at!
Please submit current cover letter and resume, in one document, via our Careers page at www.fbc.ca. Search for Job I.D. 2019-1741 and click on the "Apply for this job online" button.
Deadline for submissions: September 11th, or as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Reviews of submissions will begin immediately.
Only applications submitted through our careers page will be considered.
Please note: while we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted.