- Toronto, ON
- Legal Assistant
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Certificate from community college
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Legal Coordinator will provide a superior level of administrative support to Assistant Corporate Secretary/Corporate and Securities Law Clerk/Media Law Legal Counsel.
What you will be doing:
Board of Directors Rogers Communications Inc. and Board of Directors Rogers Bank
- Assist with preparation of board material, (i.e., collating tabs, labels, copies, etc.)
- Assist with preparation for board dinners (i.e., catering, seating plan, etc.)
- Arrange all board and committee meetings (booking boardrooms, catering, managing off-site locations, etc.)
- Assist directors with administrative matters during board meetings (i.e., car service, boarding passes, etc.)
- Maintain and organize board and committee material in Board portal (i.e., Diligent) and assist with training others
- Create of board surveys in Diligent
- Maintain directors and officers contact information, attendance records and draft appointments/resignations resolutions
- Draft board compensation letters
- Travel with the board to off-site locations
Corporate and Securities
- Draft various certificates and extracts
- Draft annual resolutions for all Rogers’ entities
- Draft annual returns and prepare for filing
- Draft Schedule 1 Ownership Returns
- Draft and maintain director and officer lists for all Rogers companies
- Prepare and maintain duplicate minute books and constating documents and providing originals to outside counsel
- Prepare documents for signature for closings
- Prepare records books
- Organize minutes for signature
- SEDAR and SEDI searches
- Revise and compare proxy related material
- Draft routine correspondence to clients.
What you have:
- Post-secondary education in a legal secretary or business-related discipline plus a minimum of 2-3 years of experience or equivalent in education/experience required.
- Experience in providing administrative support for Board of Directors Meetings
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required.
- Demonstrates advanced technical competence with MS Office.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and under pressure in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Must be able to take initiative, with focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, including the ability to multi-task required.
- Demonstrates a solid business/legal professionalism, respect for confidentiality and appropriate handling of sensitive information required.
- Attention to detail and follow-up.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.