- Saint-Laurent, QC
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, General Counsel
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 10+ years
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The General Counsel will lead the function for ABB at a Country level, applying the global strategy for the functional area and acting as Country authority. Provide strategic and operational management of the Country Legal & Integrity team, including counselling management on all legal and integrity issues.
- Provides legal advice and counsel to ABB management and oversees all dispute and litigation matters.
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect employees.
- Negotiates frame agreements and other contractual terms in collaboration with relevant business managers.
- Anticipates and identifies legal issues of concern to management and proactively develops effective legal strategies and practical solutions.
- Ensures good corporate governance in the area of accountability in the Country, manages implementation of the Code of Conduct and on-going integrity trainings.
- Contributes to the development of ABB Group legal and integrity strategy, policies and programs.
- Manages, liaises with and oversees use of external service providers, including external counsel.
- Participates in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Member of the Quebec Bar or the bar of another Canadian jurisdiction.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law
- More than 15 years of experience in corporation or law firms working as legal counsel in a leadership role
- Fully bilingual
- Sound knowledge of commercial contracts
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Ability to focus on long term strategic planning
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.