Legal Counsel, Affiliate Distribution
- Toronto, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Temporary, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Legal and Regulatory teams advance and help develop Bell’s corporate, legal and regulatory strategies by providing strategic advice and legal counsel, protecting Bell’s interests, and liaising with regulatory and government agencies.
Bell is seeking a commercial lawyer to join its Bell Media Legal Department with a focus in the affiliate distribution area. If you are passionate about solving interesting problems and enjoy being at the negotiation table, Bell would like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate for this position would have 3-6 years of commercial law experience with a significant interest in the broadcasting industry.
We are seeking a legal Counsel to operate in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. This role includes but is not limited to providing commercial legal advice and hands-on collaboration to support the Bell Media and Bell TV teams in their affiliate negotiations, with a focus on drafting the resulting contract documents. Based at our Queen Street West location in Toronto, you will collaborate closely with other Bell team members.
- 3 to 6 years of commercial law experience gained in a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel in a large corporation
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to understand, simplify and explain complex legal issues for senior business leaders
- Strong contract drafting skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple files and prioritize them effectively while meeting deadlines
- Team player who enjoys working in a dynamic environment to resolve a broad range of issues
- Self-motivated, creative and results oriented
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage difficult issues and have difficult conversations in an assertive, productive and professional manner
- Called to the Bar in Ontario or other Canadian province with qualification to work as counsel in Ontario
- Relevant experience in and familiarity with the regulatory rules of the broadcasting industry would be an asset
- Relevant experience with agreements regarding distribution of any products or services would be an asset
- Bilingual (English and French)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.