At Axiom, it’s never “business as usual.” We’re a dynamic team made up of entrepreneurial, innovative, and fresh-thinking people.
We are a recognized leader in the business of law and the world’s largest and fastest growing provider of tech-enabled legal services. With over 1,400 (and growing) mission-driven lawyers globally, we get a nerdy excitement for transforming the way that legal, compliance, and contracts work is done.
We’re seeking commercial lawyers to join our bench. Our lawyers are responsible for helping our clients solve exciting business challenges in the legal departments of some of the world’s largest companies. Join us on our mission to change the future of law.
Specifically, you will:
- Work side-by-side with the legal and business teams of our clients to help internal stakeholders meet company goals
- Gain exposure to and advise on highly sophisticated legal and business matters
- Enjoy a variety of work among a diverse client base
- Experience the empowerment of having more control over your practice, with the option to work full-time or part-time and to preview opportunities prior to submission
Ideal candidate & requirements:
- 3+ years of transactional experience. Prior in-house counsel experience considered an asset
- Experience negotiating, drafting and managing a wide range of commercial contracts, including but not limited to, contracts for procurement, finance, technology, and marketing. Experience managing employment, litigation and/or privacy matters will be considered an asset
- Ability to provide guidance and support on corporate policy and governance matters
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario and able to work onsite in the GTA
They said it
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.”
At Axiom we celebrate being different, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a diverse workforce.
Axiom will accommodate persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and in accordance with the Human Rights Code. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided at each stage of the recruitment process. If you have a disability and require accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us using the Apply button. In addition, if you are invited to participate in an interview stage, please inform us if you require special accommodation at the time of your invitation for an interview.