Analyst, Legal and regulatory compliance
- Montreal, QC
- Lawyer - Other, Paralegal
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- University degree
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
You will analyze and help diagnose issues and situations related to your field. You will provide advice in accordance with the rules of your discipline for the development of recommendations and appropriate implementation plans. You will develop tools, work methods and work processes. Your projects and initiatives will require extensive knowledge of your line of work.
You will leverage your ability to manage complex situations. You will be called upon to interact with stakeholders working in complementary fields.
You will provide discipline-specific support to your unit, clients and partners.
- Support members of their unit in the accomplishment of activities associated with various projects.
- Extract, compile, research and analyze a variety of information related to various aspects of compliance.
- Take part in updating and implementing processes, procedures and tools related to the compliance program.
- Take charge of various technical initiatives in connection with developing, updating, implementing and monitoring compliance action plans, programs, solutions or tools.
- Represent your unit in a working group as required.
- Support clients and various stakeholders as needed in enforcing compliance programs, policies, standards and procedures.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Bachelor's degree in Laws
- A minimum of two years of a relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of AMF regulations
- Knowledge of U.S. regulations (an asset)
- Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Decision quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Work processes