- Conestoga College
- Kitchener, ON
- Lawyer - Other, Legal Education
- Area of Practice
- International Trade and Customs Law
- Job Type
- Contract, Part time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes, and an engaged college community.
The School of Business is currently seeking qualified professionals to join the Global Business Management team. Under the direction of the Chair, Professors are responsible for providing the delivery of curriculum and developing an effective learning environment for students.
Part-time teaching is an excellent way to share your knowledge and expertise in your field and support your community. A part-time Professor typically teaches 1-2 courses each semester for approximately 3-6 hours per week in the classroom. You will play a pivotal role in enhancing academic excellence and achieving course learning outcomes by creating an effective learning environment through sound teaching practices. Faculty teach as part of a program team and develop/deliver curriculum using a variety of engaging and innovative methods.
Opportunities available at the Doon and Brantford campuses.
- A Law Degree and/or an MBA
- Minimum five years of experience with International Trade Laws
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. D2L) is preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate to learners and provide a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodation is an asset
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience is an asset
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts is an asset
Conestoga offers programs Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Candidates must have ability to teach within these hours. Saturday teaching opportunities may also be available.