Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to work in our Toronto Office. This position in the Labour and Employment Law Group will appeal to candidates who thrive in a fast-paced high performance culture. The primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below:
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing court documents in accordance with the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure and practice directions.
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing Ontario Labour Relations Board and Ontario Human Rights Tribunal documents in accordance with the OLRB and the HRTO Rules of Procedure and practice directions.
- Preparation of expense reports, docket entries, accounts and other administrative duties.
- Managing and coordinating lawyers’ schedules, including coordinating client meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements.
- Maintaining lawyers’ calendar and bring forward system.
- Drafting and revising correspondence.
Skills and Experience Required
- College Diploma from a Legal Assistant program.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a litigation assistant capacity, with Employment and Labour specific experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office 2016.
- Ability to work in an environment where discretion and confidentiality are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Experience with styles and document formatting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Ability to take initiative when appropriate.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Possess a confident, proactive approach to work and thrive on working within a challenging legal environment while remaining calm under pressure.
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP and Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc are separate legal entities and all of them are members of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important firm value. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
To apply, please visit the Careers page of our website at www.nortonrosefulbright.com. We thank all candidates for their application, but will be contacting only those whom we select to invite for an interview.
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any further accommodations during our recruitment process, please contact TORHR_RH@nortonrosefulbright.com.