- Mississauga, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Insurance Law
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
Intact Insurance Company has a team of over 180 litigators in 12 locations across Canada, including 4 Ontario cities. Due to continued growth, Intact is seeking dynamic litigators for our Mississauga office to defend Property and Casualty files, including Accident Benefits claims.
We are looking for a junior to intermediate counsel with 3-5 years of insurance litigation experience, including the defence of property files, casualty files and accident benefits claims. If you pride yourself on being a skilled litigator, who has appeared at all court levels in Ontario, then Intact Insurance is looking for you!
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- A minimum of 3 years of insurance litigation experience, including accident benefits experience.
- Expertise in drafting pleadings, conducting discoveries, mediations and trials/arbitrations.
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple case files simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective client relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, combined with research and negotiation experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it’s a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on September 27, 2019.