Temporary Litigation Legal Assistant - Two positions
Our Ottawa office is currently recruiting for 2 Temporary Legal Assistants to join the Litigation Team until December 2020. In this role you will work with our dynamic operations team providing support to the Lawyers and Counsels in our Ottawa offices.
- Preparation and filing of client and court documents
- Coordinate and manage new file openings
- Monitoring and responding to filing deadlines and other time sensitive matters
- General administrative duties including inbox management, time entry, preparation of billings and file management
- Responding to clients and other parties
- Other duties may be assigned or amended as required.
Qualifications, competences and experience:
- Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma or relevant experience
- 2 -5 years of experience in a professional services environment, previous experience in litigation and an understanding of the Federal Courts Procedures will be considered an asset
- This role is English essential, but French language skills would be an asset
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and take on additional responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to deal directly with clients and all levels of staff
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized and proactive
- Highly proficient in MS Office and ability to learn new software and technology quickly
Located in the heart of downtown, close to transit and amenities, Smart & Biggar offers a comprehensive total rewards package including:
- A competitive compensation structure based on transparency, clarity and fairness
- A flexible benefits program
- Personal days to help balance personal and professional commitments
- Family friendly policies including a 35-hour workweek
- Employee referral program
Smart & Biggar is a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN), working to promote diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion in our firms and the broader legal profession. We welcome application from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.