- Montreal, QC
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Information Technology Law, Contract Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Dedicated in improving business performance, Createch, a Bell Canada company, is a Canadian leader in supply chain optimization. Since 1993, the consulting firm offers services in manufacturing and logistics performance, process reengineering, asset management optimization, change management, ERP and information technology solution implementation.
Under the general supervision of the president, the Legal Advisor is responsible for:
- Providing management advice on legal issues related to commercial contracts and information technology
- Legal monitoring of issues related to the areas of commercial contracts, information technology, government and regulatory requirements, and other related topics
- Review, preparation, drafting, translation, negotiation, distribution and signing of various contracts
- Revision of tenders for risk assessment purposes
- Legal translation, to ensure the availability of all standard contract templates in French and English
- Ensure all information required to prepare contracts is available and accurate
- Preparation, distribution and monitoring to ensure a complete contract cycle
- Monitor the status of contracts
- Maintain an electronic filing system of accessible and well-organized models and agreements
- Ensure that all signed agreements are digitized, indexed and filed
- Support the registration process for compliance with government requirements
- Support the dispute and dispute resolution process
- Interdepartmental coordination (corporate secretariat, risk management, legal department, etc.)
- Various related tasks, including special projects
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a university degree in law, and is a member in good standing of the Barreau du Québec
- Has eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in a similar position
- (various combinations of education and work experience will be considered, although a specialization in business law will be an asset)
- Know the concepts, practices and procedures applicable to contract law
- Specializes in the professional services industry and / or information technology industry
- Demonstrates business acumen and a practical approach to finding solutions
- Know how to prioritize and manage time well, and demonstrate the ability to act and think strategically
- Ability to communicate and work with employees at all levels within the company, including management
- Must be willing and motivated to read and review a large volume of legal documents
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Has excellent computer skills (Microsoft applications)
- Can always keep sensitive information highly confidential
- Is organized, efficient and attentive to detail
- Is dynamic and has the desire to learn
- Has initiative and is autonomous and ingenious
- Has a customer-oriented approach
- Has a team spirit
What about the advantages of joining us?
Aside from joining a professional and dynamic team, you will be entitled to our compensation plan and various other benefits, but above all, you will have the opportunity to be part of a great team.
In addition to:
- Professional development
- Profit sharing
- Group insurance from the first day of employment
- Bell Canada Employee Benefits (Pension Fund, Profit Sharing Plan and Employee Discount Plan)
If all these features speak to you, then do apply!
The Createch Group offers competitive salaries and equal opportunities for all. If you meet the job requirements and are looking to take up engaging challenges, please send us your resume.
We thank you very much for your interest in working with us. Unfortunately, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Createch Group is committed to employment equity and diversity.