Senior Manager, Risk Management
- Toronto, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, Lawyer - Other, Paralegal
- Area of Practice
- Risk Management
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- University degree
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced compliance environment which is often presented with the emerging risk issues of today’s business environment? This is the role for you!
As the Senior Manager of Risk Management you will be responsible for reviewing conflict checks for clients and prospective engagements, including analysis of corporate structures and parent relationships and identification of potential Conflict of Interests among relevant parties and scope of services restrictions. In this role you must have understanding of the firm policies and relevant legislation in Canada, US and internationally to provide guidance to Engagement Teams in their application.
The National Quality and Risk Management (QRM) group within Deloitte Management Services (DMS) works closely with various leaders and functions across Deloitte Canada (the firm) as a strategic partner to manage the firm’s enterprise risks. Within QRM, our Conflicts and Background Check team are pivotal in performing customer due diligence to facilitate the client and engagement acceptance and continuance decisions. The background check team has mandated with “know your client” responsibilities through inquiries and external research to assist in the determination and consideration of the reputation, integrity and business practices of our client’s key directors, officers and owners. The conflict check process identifies potential conflicts of interest and advises our engagement teams on how to manage the potential conflicts. Our objective is to protect, preserve and enhance the Deloitte brand and comply with various ethical, regulatory and legal requirements and professional standards.
- Completed undergraduate University degree, with business and/or legal background with a CPA designation and/or LLB/JD is an asset
- Minimum 6-10 years of relevant experience, preferably in professional services
- Experienced with problem diagnosis, solution development, facilitation of decision making, managing client expectations, and team leadership
- Demonstrated analytical skills including ability to understand broader business risks/issues
- Ability to proactively develop, present and implement new ideas and innovative approaches for improvement and efficiency
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.