Aird & Berlis LLP is looking for a skilled Legal Assistant to manage the daily operation of two busy Tax Partners. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, with meticulous attention to detail and possess strong technical skills. We are looking for someone who is a team player and has the ability to multitask.
- Independently manage the daily operation of two busy Tax Partners
- Manage a high volume of paper and filing
- Ensure all files are organized, up to date and easily available
- Calendar management including arranging meetings and travel
- Prepare, revise and complete large tax agreements, memos, letters and opinions
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized desk
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Minimum 3-5 years Corporate Legal Assistant experience
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary legal assistant or law clerk program
- Strong technical skills using MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint; document management system (FileSite); legal accounting software (Acumin); blacklining (Workshare Compare)
- Accurately transcribe dictation
- Extremely organized and meticulous with follow-up and detail
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and multitask
- Flexible, team player that is client service oriented
Applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the recruitment process may notify Human Resources accordingly.
All those interested in applying, please visit our website at www.airdberlis.com under the join us tab.