- Soti Inc.
- Mississauga, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Compliance, Regulatory
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
SOTI is committed to providing its employees with endless possibilities; learning new things, working with the latest technologies and making a difference in the world.
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Location: Mississauga, ON
Who We Are
At SOTI, we are committed to delivering best in class mobile and IoT device management solutions. We are looking for out of the box thinkers that appreciate the art of creating great software. To us, being visionary is more important than doing things the way they’ve always been done.
What We’re Looking For
The Legal Counsel is accountable for legal, and regulatory, advice, and counsel, to guide, and monitor, consistent legal approach for SOTI throughout its operations. The Legal Counsel works with senior management to develop and implement SOTI’s strategic business and growth plans. The Legal Counsel is also responsible for the management of Human Resources policies and applications across the SOTI’s operations, Corporate Policies and Precedents, Risk Identification and Assessment and Legal Operational Advisory.
What’s in it for you?
The People - From our humble origins in our founder’s basement, to our industry leading position today, SOTI has worked hard to foster a company culture that we can all believe in. A culture that emphasizes personal growth, continuous innovation and fun.
The Growth - Our environment fosters new ideas, fresh perspectives, and the ability to take them over the goal line. SOTI is a fast-paced environment with a global reach that encourages you to make your mark and be part of something big!
The Technology - You’ll get the chance to work with leading edge technologies and take on complex and interesting projects, as part of highly collaborative and agile teams. You will work alongside SOTI’s partners which include leading tech giants that will keep you on the cusp of emerging technologies.
- Provide advice, prepare and negotiate global legal contractual agreements relating to financing, credit facilities, acquisitions, dispositions, information technology contracts, supply contracts and other commercial transactions
- Primary responsibility for preparation and review of disclosure documents including information circulars, news releases etc.,
- Accountable for Regulatory requests for information ensuring responses comply with applicable privacy laws
- Conflict of Law- guide the Company on issues where differing laws are applicable (cross border, international issues).
- Licensing and Multi-jurisdictional issues-on issues of intellectual property (trademarks, copyright, software, patents, computer processes etc.), corporate and litigation and the protection and enforcement in other jurisdictions.
- Controlling Legal Spending - Cost Control, Compensation of Lawyers and Billing
- Litigation-Manage all Litigation and preparation of Litigation reports.
- Outside Counsel Management -Select appropriate outside legal advisers. File and Case management.
- Lead, manage and mentor a legal team of skilled legal professionals.
- Working on resolving all general corporate legal issues.
- Reviewing, and preparing, Confidentiality Agreements.
- Review Employment Agreements including NDA and IP assignment
- People management experience, is preferred
- University degree, in related field
- A demonstrated interest in global experience and foreign language skills would be considered assets but are not required.
- Bar admission in Ontario
- Comfortable engaging in a wide range of other legal issues and disciplines including corporate commercial, regulatory, compliance and corporate governance
- Understanding of risk management and regulatory compliance
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills. Able to quickly identify and analyze complex issues to provide solutions under time pressure.
Experience in legal and business and human resources operations.
- Experience in IP (technology, patents)
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions.
- Experience in risk management.
- Strong writing, drafting and speaking skills.
SOTI is the world's most trusted provider of mobile and IoT management solutions, with more than 17,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI's innovative portfolio of solutions and services provide the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. SOTI extends secure mobility management to provide a total, flexible solution for comprehensive management and security of all mobile devices and connected peripherals deployed in an organization.
At SOTI, we celebrate the uniqueness of our global teams and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are curious problem solvers who are committed to bringing the best mobile and IoT management solutions to market. We offer careers with #EndlessPossibilities.
What are you waiting for? Apply today: https://www.soti.net/ca