Legal Contracts Administrator
- Shaw Communications
- Calgary, AB
- Law Clerk, Legal Assistant, Paralegal
- Job Type
- Temporary, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Certificate from community college
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
Shaw Communications Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Contract Administrator in our downtown Calgary Corporate office. Reporting to Director, Senior Legal Counsel, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative legal support as well as preparation of legal documents and correspondence.
A typical day
• Assist and provide administrative support, including assistance with correspondence, tracking and managing file content, and preparing tracking documents
• Draft and prepare legal documents such as contract extensions, terminations, amendments and non-disclosure agreements
• Negotiate lower risk contracts
• Process contracts through approval and support the contracting process for Legal with the Supply Chain Team
• Gather information and draft responses to internal and external requests for information
• Handle a large volume of documentation and filing
• Assist with project work
• Liaise with Shaw’s internal groups and external vendors
• Organize and coordinate meetings and conference calls
• Various other duties as required
• Minimum of 4 years legal experience, including knowledge of contracts and fundamental legal concepts
• A minimum Grade 12 education, a post-secondary diploma or certificate in a related area would be an asset
• Ability to draft legal documents
• Background in Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing or Procurement would be considered a strong asset
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure to meet specific deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in written form
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, iManage, and OmniRim
• Experience with DocuSign and Coupa
• A team player approach with the ability to function in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• A positive friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• This role is a temporary 16 month fixed term position.
• This role is location-specific and will be based in our downtown Calgary Corporate office.
• Is travel required? No
• This posting will close: September 27, 2019
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.