In-House Legal Counsel
- Partner One Capital
- Montreal, QC
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Partner One Capital is a long-term investment group specialized in the acquisition and growth of successful software companies. We are owned by one of the largest pension funds in North-America with over $15 Billion in Net Assets. In business for over 23 years, we own some of the fastest growing enterprise software companies in the world. Over 600 of the world's largest corporations and governments rely on our software for their most critical operations and to safeguard their most valuable data.
We’re looking for a corporate attorney with a strong commercial and technology background, who has a proven track record of being successful working as an in-house legal counsel. The ideal candidate will have experience in labor law, contract law, and intellectual property law. The candidate will be entrusted with drafting, negotiating and reviewing various agreements related to the daily operations of the company.
- Work closely with our business teams on a broad range of legal and compliance matters and provide high quality, pragmatic legal advice in support of the company’s business objectives.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including US, Canadian, European, customer agreements, technology license agreements, NDAs, and vendor and partner agreements.
- Provide support to management and advise business units on issues related to contract interpretation, compliance, privacy, IP licensing and potential disputes.
- Work with colleagues to continuously improve contract processes as well as implementation and adherence to best practices within the company.
- Periodically and proactively assess legal and compliance risk exposures for the business and develop risk mitigation initiatives including procedures, policies, and forms development.
- Support and interact with business leaders on M&A, partnerships and special projects, including coordinating and undertaking due diligence.
- Address potential disputes or claims and coordinate with outside counsel.
- Be member of the Quebec Bar for at least 3 years;
- 3 years of experience as in-house counsel
- Proven competency with software contracts, technology licensing and privacy regulations
- Demonstrated ability to quickly digest complex information and make good, informed decisions
- Competency with common technology, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Salesforce and contract management systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to negotiate contracts successfully
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Dynamic environment
- Flexible hours
Similar searches: Lawyer - In House Counsel