Legal Counsel, Junior (16 months contract)
As a Legal Counsel for our legal department:
- Your working environment is both professional and motivating;
- You will thrive within a talented and inspiring organization;
- You want to make the journey with us and we want to go along with you;
- You will learn, grow, share and will become a highly valued collaborator; and
- You will enjoy flex time in a cool, casual environment where your passion will inevitably turn into great results.
What kind of challenges will you be looking at?
Reporting to the Director of Legal affairs, your main responsibilities shall be:
- Draft, prepare, modify and revise various contracts and documents (including services agreements, license and distribution agreements, NDAs, intercompany agreements and corporate documents and various related legal documents, amendments, etc.);
- Maintain and distribute quarterly contract management report;
- Draft, prepare, modify and revise various correspondence and ensure proper follow-up;
- Liaise with TV operators for drafting/amendments of agreements;
- Perform due diligence for litigation, transactional work, financing, audits, or mergers & acquisitions;
- Maintenance of the intellectual property assets in relation to trade-marks and copyrights (including monitoring deadlines and ensure the respect thereof; follow up with agents and lawyers; cease and desist and infringement notices; perform online IP searches, and prepare and file applications, renewals, assignments, change of address, etc.);
- Conduct research and advise of global industry and legal issues;
- Maintain corporate books, file annual declarations with provincial and federal governments;
- Attend and prepare board minutes and management minutes;
- Manage domain name and SSL certificate purchases and maintenance; provide update status reports regularly or as requested;
- Organize and properly maintain confidential information;
- Prepare and maintain compliance documents (Code of conduct, bank requirements, etc.);
- Review content for compliance purposes and raise issues/concerns;
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks related to the position (such as expense reports, meeting scheduling, format complex documents, and prepare various documents for signature on DocuSign, etc.); and
- Participate in various company projects, as requested.
Any resemblance to the character described below is purely coincidental but means that we want you at Seedbox if you have…
- Member of Quebec Bar;
- Bachelor Degree in Law or the equivalent;
- Experience in an e-commerce environment and online industry (an asset);
- Experience with trademarks and/or copyright registration (an asset);
- High degree of comfort with technology including knowledge and experience in online purchasing, online research and presentation applications;
- Experience with annual declarations and resolutions (a must);
- Experience with MS Office and other tools (such as DocuSign, Google docs, GMAIL, LastPass, Beautiful.AI., etc.); and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in French (a must).
Are you also…
- Particularly well-organized and meticulous?
- Ability to respect rigorous deadlines and follow up proactively?
- Discrete, professional and have a strong work ethic?
- Able to work under pressure, to accommodate a flexible work schedule and different time zones?
- A team player with the ability to work independently without the assistance of a legal assistant?
- Very resourceful, able to work independently with confidence in a dynamic business environment?
This position is for a maternity replacement, with an employment opportunity of up to 18 months.