The Fidelity Legal Department provides legal services to all aspects of Fidelity's business.
The Legal Counsel provides legal services of all varieties, which make it possible for Fidelity to develop and offer investment products, enter into new relationships, establish new businesses and maintain existing business activities.
What You Will Do
- Prepare and maintain disclosure documents and material contracts for institutional and retail investment products, distribution arrangements and other services offered by Fidelity in Canada
- Provide legal advice to all Fidelity Canada companies
- Provide legal advice on new products, special projects and on miscellaneous issues as they arise
- Interpret securities laws (and other applicable laws including IIROC Dealer Member Rules) as they relate to Fidelity products and services
- Provide board and corporate legal support for the Fidelity Canada companies
- Provide legal support with respect to introducing and carrying broker relationships
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with various Fidelity departments, including Product Development, Compliance, Fund Accounting, Operations, Customer Service, Fund Reporting, Transfer Agency and Portfolio Management
What We’re Looking For
- Law degree
- 4-7 years post call experience
- Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Prior mutual fund experience or investment dealer experience is an asset
The Expertise You Bring
- Knowledge of corporate and securities law
- Mutual fund knowledge or investment dealer knowledge is an asset
- Working knowledge of the legal structure, regulatory requirements and internal standards relating to mutual funds, pooled funds, separate account management, and sub-advised accounts is an asset
- Superior communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
In order to be considered, applicants are required to submit the following:
- Cover Letter
By applying to this job, you are consenting to receive an automated acknowledgement of your application. Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please e-mail us at:
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following:
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2019)
- Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2019
- Canada’s Top Family Friendly Employers (2019)
- 2018 National HR Awards - Queen’s University IRC Professional Development Award
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- An Imagine Canada Caring Company