You are a lawyer with significant experience in commercial law, who wants to be part of an in-house legal team and apply your knowledge to a variety of complex commercial transactions in a technology-driven environment. You are passionate about expanding your knowledge and contribute with legal solutions that make sense for Pythian. You are business-oriented, creative and analytical, and you are not afraid to take on new challenges.
What will you be doing?
Pythian is searching for a Legal Counsel to join our growing Legal team!
Reporting to the VP of Legal, the legal counsel primarily will:
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of complex agreements in support of Pythian’s Sales team and other areas of the organization.
- Perform legal research in different areas of the law, as required, and produce analytical recommendations to address specific questions or issues.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the VP of Legal
What do we need from you?
- Be a member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario
- Have 2 to 5 years of post-call experience
- Have significant experience in commercial law, particularly contract law, and strong knowledge of legal concepts applicable in the context of commercial contract negotiation
- Be driven by principles of integrity and professionalism in order to build and maintain professional relationships with business partners internally and externally
- Have exceptional contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Have the ability to remain efficient and extremely organized while handling a high volume of work
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks, manage your own workload, and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to seek out answers to questions and problems
- Be able to work independently
You will stand out if you have knowledge and experience in:
- Global data privacy law (including, without limitation, GDPR)
- Data security
- Employment law
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!