Legal Knowledge Engineering Associate - Corporate Commercial
Are you a talented, experienced lawyer looking to use the knowledge you’ve gained in your field in a new way? Do you love the intellectual challenge of understanding complicated agreements, but feel like you are ready to have more control over your time?
Kira Systems is looking for a corporate/commercial lawyer to help our clients train our artificial intelligence software, Kira, to find information in their documents by working with our machine learning algorithms that can find information.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a cutting edge industry and a company that is making a tremendous impact in your field. You will build positive relationships with clients while helping them get the most out of Kira. We are experiencing unprecedented growth and this is an environment where your contribution and expertise will be supported, acknowledged, and rewarded.
Interested? Let’s talk.
As a Legal Knowledge Engineering Associate, you will be responsible for understanding the needs of our clients and teaching Kira (our software) to find the information they need to find in their documents. We teach Kira by highlighting information in diverse sets of documents - Kira then studies the examples, figures out the pattern and can find similar information in new documents. You will become an expert in using Kira Systems’ machine learning software and will provide exceptional service on time sensitive projects for our clients.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with clients, on a project and sometimes on-going basis, to understand the document types they would like to review and the information they would like Kira to find within them, and then train Kira accordingly.
- Work with clients to ensure they get the most out of Kira’s out-of-the-box capabilities, while obtaining feedback to incorporate into the software.
- Work with clients and the Legal Knowledge Engineering team to ensure that Kira meets clients’ specifications, as appropriate. Work collaboratively with the Legal Knowledge Engineering team to support ongoing projects while also helping to develop strategies for future projects and improve processes where necessary.
- When not working on client-specific projects, you will be available to assist with training Kira as needed.
- Work with and support other teams at Kira Systems, such as product, design, sales and customer success.
What You Bring
- You have two or more years of law practice experience in the corporate/commercial field, ideally gained at a law firm, in house, at a legal service provider.
- Experience with legal operations, legal program management, and/or contract management systems is an asset.
- You have strong client service skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and are not intimidated by trying something new.
- You have extraordinary attention to detail and are highly organized.
- You are relentless and a creative problem solver, and your analytical skills are exceptional.
- You have strong time management skills and can successfully juggle multiple priorities.
- You are highly responsible, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- You empathize with people. Your first instinct when asked for something is to try to find a way to say yes.
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture
- It’s early stage. So there are lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build experiences and lots of opportunities for you to dig in.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It’s hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it’s terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- Lots of benefits and perks - you can read about them here: www.kirasystems.com/careers
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.