At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Rogers Legal Department is currently looking to fill a full-time position of Legal Counsel in the Procurement Legal team based in Toronto. This opportunity involves working in a fast-paced and collegial atmosphere, as an integral part of the Legal team supporting all aspects of the Rogers telecommunications, media and sports businesses.
Reporting to the Managing Counsel, Procurement, the successful candidate will work closely with members across Rogers’ entire business, with particular emphasis on network and IT. The position requires the ability to both assist working-level teams and advise senior executives on strategic initiatives.
What you will be doing:
- Review, draft and negotiate several types of commercial-procurement agreements, involving: technology (hardware, software, SaaS), specialised services, consulting, products, and construction
- Plan, draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements for managed services, outsourcing and other long-term strategic initiatives
- Assist various teams in managing vendor relationships and ongoing contractual matters
- Strategise with product/service leaders and executives prior to supplier negotiations
- Guide internal stakeholders on RFx process and evaluate submissions
- Advise and consult with information-security, audit and other subject matter experts
- Participate in developing internal guidelines, policies and templates
- Educate internal stakeholders in regard to contracting and risk management issues
What you have:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience, as in-house counsel or at a law firm, in commercial contracting involving technology procurement, systems integration, managed services/outsourcing, and general products/services
- Experience in independently negotiating commercial agreements and advising internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage efficiently a large volume of demanding matters and prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in a multifaceted environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Business acumen
- Ability to distill complex legal issues into simple decisions
- Understanding of intellectual property and privacy issues
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.