The Legal Team at Electronic Arts is seeking a lawyer to join us as Legal Counsel, Publishing and Platforms.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At EA, we inspire the world to play. We are seeking an attorney with 3-5 years of experience to be part of a team that provides counselling and commercial support for EA’s publishing, distribution and platform businesses. You will work directly with business partners, providing guidance on business strategies and risks related to publishing, distribution and platform transactions. This position will report to Senior Counsel and will be based in Los Angeles, CA, Seattle, WA, or Burnaby, BC.
- Work with the lead Publishing and Platform counsel on various transactions related to platforms through which we publish and distribute our games (e.g., console, mobile, emerging platforms), including, bundling/co-marketing agreements and game platform agreements.
- Provide legal analysis and business counselling in connection with EA’s publishing, distribution and platform agreements.
- Provide legal counselling and commercial support for EA’s North American retail publishing business, including managing EA’s MAP policy.
- Provide commercial support for EA Origin platform, including technology and services agreements and third-party content licenses.
- Develop and maintain a legal playbook for EA’s publishing practices and policies.
- Manage a rights clearance process for publishing legacy games.
- Provide creative solution to the business and resolve issues in creative and practical ways.
- Multi-task to work on a wide range of topics and provide with solutions, taking in consideration the business and legal context and needs. Evaluate and take appropriate business risks.
- D. and member in good standing with State Bar of California, State Bar of Washington, or Law Society of British Columbia.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, either in-house and/or at a top-tier law firm, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions.
- Experience with publishing, privacy and antitrust issues is helpful but not required.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent communication skills, business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Working knowledge of software development concepts and related technical issues a plus.
- Must be a team player, who seeks practical and creative solutions in a collaborative way.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, we’d like to learn a little more about you. Please send us your resume and a cover letter.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Similar searches: Lawyer - In House Counsel