Associate Senior Legal Counsel - Corporate
- Toronto, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We’re looking for an Associate Senior Legal Counsel in our Corporate Legal Department to join our growing team!
As an Associate Senior Legal Counsel your work will have a big impact on how Intact continues to deliver leading and innovative insurance solutions to our customers by supporting our procurement, information technology (IT) and intellectual property (IP) initiatives.
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Providing timely legal advice to the Intact Procurement business team in support of the drafting, negotiation, and management of supplier contracts.
- Ensuring that contracts and any related documents are compliant with Intact standards, policies and practices, as well as any applicable legislation.
- Providing training in respect of procurement/information technology (IT) contracting, and industry trends.
- Supporting the preparation and assessment of requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Continuously improving Intact’s practices and templates to ensure they remain “best-in-class”.
- Identifying potential areas of compliance risk and implementing proactive action plans to mitigate or minimize such risk
- Collaborating with world-class legal colleagues in order to execute on Intact’s customer-focused vision
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work (Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Aon Platinum Best Employers, LinkedIn Top Company, Glassdoor Best Place to Work & Top CEO, Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces)
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
- 3-7 years of relevant legal experience in a law firm or large in-house environment
- Strong legal writing, drafting, and communication skills are essential
- Strong negotiation and problem- solving skills are essential
- Proven ability to educate and influence decision makers (with an emphasis on simplifying problems and reducing complexity for decision makers)
- Possesses the confidence and knowledge required to make decisions quickly, and the dynamism to adapt to changing needs
- Experience and interest in FinTech, InsurTech, or information technology would be considered an asset
- In-house experience would be considered an asset
- Experience working in a regulated industry (financial services, telecommunications or similar) would be considered an asset
- Bilingual, French and English would be an asset but is not required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it’s a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on October 12, 2019 at 11:59pm.